The Office of General Counsel (OGC) provides in-house legal services for the agency. In addition, the OGC is responsible for:
- responding to youth appeals;
- tracking and coordinating youth grievances;
- conducting administrative due process hearings for youth and employees;
- determining whether to release to parole, discharge from TJJD custody, or extend the length of stay for youth who have reached their minimum length of stay; and
- handling youth records and requests for records.
- coordinating the development and publication of official agency rules, policies, procedures, and forms.