The Advisory Council on Juvenile Services assists the Texas Juvenile Justice Department by:
- determining the needs and problems of county juvenile boards and probation departments;
- conducting long-range strategic planning;
- reviewing existing or newly proposed standards affecting juvenile probation programs, services, or facilities; and
- analyzing the potential cost impact on probation departments of new standards proposed by the board.
The advisory council consists of:
- two juvenile court judges, appointed by the chief justice of the Supreme Court of Texas;
- three chief juvenile probation officers, appointed by the Juvenile Justice Association of Texas;
- the executive director of TJJD or the executive director's designee;
- the commissioner of human services or the commissioner's designee;
- one representative of the county commissioners courts, appointed by the Texas Association of Counties; and
- the director of probation services of TJJD or the director's designee.
Friday, October 8, 2021 at 10:00 AM
This meeting will be held virtually.