The following job opportunity is offered by an individual
county juvenile probation department. Please use the contact
information provided below or contact the local
juvenile probation department. Do not contact the Texas Juvenile
Justice Department or fax resumes to our fax number.
Job ID. Number:
Number of Positions:
||$55,578.85 - $71,281.60 Annually
||Travis County Human Resources Management
|TO VIEW THE FULL JOB DESCRIPTION AND APPLY ONLINE, PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE: www.traviscountytx.gov/human-resources/jobs/opportunities.
Provides routine to moderately complex technical consulting and support services for defining, developing and improving functional or business processes to meet user and organizational needs. Works with departmental management and staff to define problems and management requirements. Serves as a liaison between department users and the Information Technology organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in supporting moderately complex department applications and functions. Conducts process redesign and compiles documentation, as required for applications. Assists with or translates moderately complex organizational requirements and assists with the translation of higher level organization requirements into functional Information Technology specifications and manages changes to such specifications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provides routine to moderately complex technical consulting and support services for defining, developing and improving functional or business processes to meet user and organizational needs. Works with departmental management and staff to define problems and management requirements.
• Solicits and interprets client requests, documents client needs and automated procedures and works with users to improve business processes. Proposes alternatives appropriate within the broader context of County Information Technology and other operations and technology.
• Resolves day-to-day technology needs of the department with a focus on the analysis of processes, dissecting problems and suggesting solutions. Reviews business processes, analyzes existing procedures and systems and makes recommendations for improvements. Develops process performance measures and assists in planning the transition to a new process.
• Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing departmental and organizational conditions. Identifies processes for improvement, documents existing processes, and identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired state.
• Interfaces and collaborates with other IT staff in the design of new programs, processes, projects and software. Conducts analysis, design, programming, validation, testing, training and maintenance. Assists with application testing and product defect tracking. Interfaces with software project team members to assist in all aspects of requirements and testing activities. Participates in the coordination and monitoring of software development activities. May review programs written by others. Establishes test procedures and tests and debugs programs.
• Serves as a liaison with ITS in network administration within a user department. May possess primary responsibility for administration and troubleshooting of a stand-alone departmental network.
• May assist in or install computer hardware, software and peripheral devices, as required. Troubleshoots problems encountered by department users and provides limited user training. Coordinates technical support work provided by ITS. Maintains inventory of department hardware and software.
• Assists in evaluating, acquiring and implementing vendor hardware and software for user department. Collaborates with users, researches product information, assesses available technology, makes recommendations and assists with the purchasing process.
• Creates and/or develops enhancements needed for complex departmental databases. Maintains production, development and test database systems to meet user needs and provides systems support and security for self-contained departmental databases.
• Uses reporting tools to develop moderately complex reports which are needed for department business processes and statistical reports which are used by management to help them evaluate department productivity and workload.
• Provides end-user and system support for specified department applications and functions.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Business Analyst I:
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a directly related field AND one (1) year of relevant work experience; OR, Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Business Analyst II:
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or a directly related field AND three (3) years of relevant work experience; OR, Any combination of education and experience that has been achieved and is equivalent to the stated education and experience and required knowledge, skills, and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the duties and responsibilities of this job.
Licenses, Registrations, Certifications, or Special Requirements:
Valid Texas Driver's License.
Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification.
Certified Novell Administrator (CNA) Certification.
Certified Novell Engineer (CNE) Certification.
Business Analyst I: $55,578.85 to $62,254.40 Annually
Business Analyst II: $63,638.43 to $71,281.60 Annually
Two (2) positions available.
Work Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM; Monday through Friday.
Department: Juvenile Probation
Location: 2515 S. Congress Ave., Austin
Drug Test Required.
Criminal, Driving, Education, and Employment Background Check Required.