Transforming young lives and creating safer communities.
Our Core Values
Justice: We do the right thing, in all things, with all people.
Safety: We commit to a culture that protects youth, employees, and the public.
Integrity: We build trust through transparency and ethical behavior.
Partnership: We achieve best results through collaboration with counties stakeholders, youth and their families.
Innovation: We proactively create opportunities to improve the juvenile justice system.
Latest News & Events
- 07.28.16: The TJJD Board has adopted changes to TAC Chapter 341 (General Standards for Juvenile Probation Departments). The changes will take effect on January 1, 2017. See a summary of the changes and the revised text. The Board also adopted conforming changes to TAC Chapter 343 (Secure Facilities) and TAC Chapter 355 (Non-Secure Facilities), which will also take effect on January 1, 2017. See a summary of changes to Chapter 343 and Chapter 355.
- 06.30.16: View the 2017 - 2021 TJJD Strategic Plan »
- 05.20.16: The latest issue of TJJD Today has been released »
- 04.25.16: Press release, TJJD Selected To Participate in National Practice Model »
- 04.20.16: Every two years the Texas Juvenile Justice Department (TJJD) gathers information from our external customers as we prepare for the upcoming legislative session. Your opinion is important - results from previous surveys have informed changes to policy and service delivery. Input from surveys will be reflected in TJJD's strategic plan for the coming years and in the on-going improvement of operations at the agency. Attached is a short survey with seven questions that should take less than ten minutes. Please respond by May 3rd!
-Access survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6TQ697S
-If you have questions about this survey please email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (512) 490-7250.
- 04.04.16: The latest issue of TJJD Today has been released »
- 02.24.16: TJJD Proposed State Aid Formula Watch the video | View the .pdf
- 01.14.16: The 2015 Treatment Effectiveness Review is now online.
- 01.08.16: The TJJD Board has adopted changes to TAC Chapter 358 (Identifying, Reporting, and Investigating Abuse, Neglect, Exploitation, Death, and Serious Incidents). The changes will take effect on March 1, 2016. See a summary of the changes and the revised text.
Click here to view all of the latest news and events »
About Us - Quick Information